Holtville Real Estate
“The Carrot Capital of the World”
The city was founded by Swiss-German settlers in the 1880s, who often entered from Mexico. The construction of railroads in the 1890s, the All-American Canal in the late 1940s, U.S. Route 80 in the 1920s later converted to Interstate 8 in the 1970s and the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) economic boom in the 1990s brought more people to Holtville and the Imperial Valley.
The city of Holtville, which was originally called Holton, was founded in 1903 by W.F. Holt, and incorporated on June 20, 1908. The name was changed to Holtville due to a request by the U. S. Postal Service because the name Holton sounded too much like Colton (in San Bernardino County), the regional headquarters of the Southern Pacific Railroad at the time. The name honors W.F. Holt, founder of the community.
The city lies on the northeast bank of the Alamo River, one of two rivers that flow north from Mexico into Imperial County.
Jr. High School
Holtville Middle Schools
Sam Web High School